Acne Skin Care Tips
To Help Control Your Acne
Acne Skin Care Tips - anyone who has acne knows full well how
discouraging and frustrating it is to deal with this issue. It is
embarrassing at the very least and getting results from products can
sometimes be unrewarding. I would like to encourage those who have acne
to realize getting control of your skin is an ongoing process and you
must have patience. There are the basics you can start with but always
remember it takes time to achieve results.
Acne Skin Care Tips - Some Basic Steps
- Cleansing your skin is a most basic yet important part of your regime. I highly recommend you not use any bar type cleansing soap. Bar soaps have wax in them and although the soap might work, the wax will further clog the pores.
- Use a cleanser made especially for an acneic skin. Salicylic acid is an ingredient that is found in many such products. Always wash your hands before applying any products to your face. No sense in transferring unnecessary germs.
- Try not to have anything come in contact with your face; keep hair pulled back, use fresh towels after each use, clean eyeglass frames and clean your cell phone daily and clean your cell phone daily.
- Chose cosmetics very carefully. I highly recommend the use of pure mineral cosmetics. You should learn to read labels because not all minerals are pure.
- A pure mineral is a product that only contains minerals without chemicals.Two very favorable mineral ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Both of these also offer great sun protection.
- Pure minerals are non-comedogenic and are great for the most sensitive skin.You can purchase minerals as foundations, blushes and eye shadows.
My Best Tips for Acne Prone Skin
- Of all the acne skin care tips I am going to give this one ranks number one. Never, ever pop pimples. I know how tempting it can be but you are only helping your condition to get worse.
- Oily skin needs extra care and especially with anything that touches your face.
- How about the makeup brushes you use daily or the powder puff that is in your compact? When these utensils are used daily they accumulate dirt and oil and bacteria have a field day.
- I recommend washing your makeup brushes by taking a half of a cup of water with some of your hair shampoo. Swirl brushes, rinse till clean and lay flat until dry.
- I would recommend not using powder puffs as they are too hard to clean. Instead use a brush with your compact. Blotting papers are another alternative for getting rid of shine.
Additional Acne Skin Care Tips
- Humidity and sun exposure are harmful to your skin and
can delay healing your acne. Although sun exposure might seem helpful
on a short term basis, you are subjecting the sebaceous glands to
produce even more oil because of the heat resulting in more breakouts.
Use a sunscreen with zinc oxide for the best protection if you need to
be in the sun.
- Research the use of paraben free skin care products which
are a group of chemicals that are widely used in everything from the
foods you eat to cosmetics. Parabens can have an effect on your skin
especially if you are prone to acne.
- If stress is part of your daily routine (and this is
probably most of us) try to really focus on reducing that stress. I
have had occasion to notice this particularly on the brides that I do
makeup for. It never fails, about two weeks before the wedding they end
up with a zit that is almost impossible to cover. Stress wreaks havoc
with your skin.
- Do you get enough beauty sleep? Some of you might laugh but
this is not a laughing matter. Sleep is so important to the healing
process that takes place in our bodies during the night. Getting eight
hours of restful sleep is extremely therapeutic. It is also a good idea
not to be engaged in watching violent TV show just before going to bed.
The period before sleep should be calm.
Return to the top of Acne Skin Care Tips