Anti Aging Botox Treatment...
Is it Right For You?
Anti Aging Botox Treatment - while no one has actually located the fountain of youth, many people swear by their own "magic" solution: Botox. Approved in 2002 for cosmetic purposes, it is also known as botulinum toxin, has quickly grown in popularity and for some people it has been the answer to their "rid-me-of-wrinkles" prayers.
Although some consider Botox to be the easy way out, some people feel that it's a potentially dangerous habit that should be avoided. This cosmetic treatment has many different pros and cons, so let's explore some of them.
Pros of Anti Aging Botox Treatments
- While it may seem that wrinkles are caused by old, dry skin, they are actually caused by a chemical called, acetylcholine. The acetylcholine causes a muscular contraction, and the wrinkle is formed. The purpose of this treatment is to combat the chemical and basically freeze the muscle into place. Botox is a "purified" and diluted form of the bacteria known as botulism.
Botulism is a very rapid moving bacteria which causes paralysis of the face, limbs and can sometimes effect the muscles and lead to death. Some would say that the anti aging treatment is the best of the botulism because it paralyzes the muscle contractions that causes the wrinkles without causing the entire body to shut down.
- Botox is the weapon of choice to combat those pesky wrinkles because depending on which areas are treated, the results can last for 3-6 months, and it is not nearly as invasive or expensive as having a full face-lift. Because the injections only take about 10-20 minutes, and there is basically no recovery time, many people find that it is the perfect way for them to spend their lunch break.
Not only is this treatment popular for a mid day pick me up, but Botox parties are becoming popular among middle aged women because they can have the age defying treatment administered in the comfort of their own home.
- Even though it is extremely popular amongst women between the ages on 30-65, many men make regular trips to their doctor to erase the effects that time has had on their skin. Although it is not recommended, there are many teenagers who try and stay ahead of Mother Nature and getting injections before they even start to really see any signs of aging. In fact, last year alone, over 11,000 teens had injections for "wrinkles". While most doctors will not actually give them to teenagers, private Botox parties are where most of these injections are given to minors.
Cons of an Anti Aging Botox Treatments
- While some may argue that the effects are priceless, these treatments do in fact come with a hefty price tag. Depending on who administers them, the cost can range from $200-$2,000 for each area that is injected. Syringe In order to have the best results, it is recommended that patients stay up to date on their treatments in order to prevent their wrinkles from reappearing.
We've all heard about the risks of plastic surgery addiction, and although it may not seem like it, anti aging Botox treatments can also become addictive. It is important to find a doctor who won't just keep giving you Botox injections because you are willing to pay them.
When you initially meet with the doctor who will be administering the treatment, try to work out a "stopping point" so that your progress can be evaluated. This will prevent you from looking like you are unable to make facial expressions because of too many Botox injections.
- Even though a needle is used to administer Botox, there is hardly any pain involved in the process. While an anesthetic is not necessary, the areas that are to be injected are treated with a numbing agent. The needle used for the injections is extremely fine and most patients only report mild discomfort.
- Negative side effects of Botox treatments can include: nausea, flu like symptoms, headache, dropping upper eyelid, blurred vision, rashes, and in most cases, the side effect diminish after just a few days. However, the positive side effects include freedom from: crows feet, laugh lines, frown lines, forehead lines and neck wrinkles.
- It is important to ensure that a licensed practitioner administers your Botox injections. Some people have found themselves suffering from serious side effects due to "black market" Botox that was injected by someone without a license.
If someone is legally able to administer Botox, they will not mind you asking them about their credentials. When it comes to your health, it is important that you don't take any risks.
More on Anti Aging Treatments
More Beauty Secrets
Return to the top of the Anti Aging Botox Treatment
Return to Aging Gracefully