Benefits Of Microdermabrasion
Beautiful Skin Awaits
Benefits of Microdermabrasion - Are you one of the many women who feel that looking young should be your number one priority? When your skin looks great, your confidence is at a higher level.
However, if you are less than thrilled with the way your skin looks I am sure you have considered some alternatives. Surgery is not always an option and there are many of you who are considering other alternatives.
Thanks to modern technology, there are many different ways to dramatically improve your appearance, and one of those options is microdermabrasion. Like many women, you may be wondering about the benefits of microdermabrasion as you try to decide if the procedure is right for you.
Let's Start With Knowing What It Is
- Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-chemical procedure that is used to remove imperfections on the skin. Many women feel that the benefits of microdermabrasion are much more effective than other treatments because it is non invasive.
- The professional who performs the microdermabrasion uses a sandpaperesque diamond or crystal tipped wand to essentially sand off the old skin. The wand is attached to a tube that removes the dead cells with a suction feature that is similar to the suction tools that a dentist would use.
- Does microdermabrasion sound painful? Although you may experience some redness and slight irritation, many women describe microdermabrasion as being not painful at all. It has even been compared to getting a facial or having a cat lick your face.
- The tips that are used to exfoliate the skin have different strengths, and the machine that is used has different levels. The expert who performs the microdermabrasion determines which tip should be used depending on the patient's skin type and skin thickness.
Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel
- It is not uncommon to mistake microdermabrasion for a chemical peel, and although they have some of the same of the same benefits, there is one main difference. With a chemical peel, specially formulated acids are applied to the face for the purpose of removing the older, outer layers of the skin. Microdermabrasion also removes outer layers of skin, but it does the job without harsh chemicals.
- Much like chemical peels, microdermabrasion is helpful in minimizing, and in some cases, removing sun spots, acne scars, fine line and wrinkles and enlarged pores. Some other benefits of microdermabrasion include improving the appearance of very oily skin, dull skin and tired skin.
It can also help even out skin pigmentation, resulting in a brighter and cleaner looking appearance. Microdermabrasion encourages the new skin cells underneath the old layers of skin to surface, and as a result, you essentially have brand new skin. Supporters of this type of treatment would argue that the benefits of microdermabrasion out weigh the benefits of chemical peels simply because acid is not being applied to the skin.
- If you have decided that the benefits of microdermabrasion are exactly what you have been searching for, it is important that you visit a licensed professional. It is ideal to have microdermabrasion performed by a dermatologist; however, many aestheticians are more than qualified as well. In order to minimize the chance of infection, it is crucial that the instruments that are used are clean; otherwise there is a risk of severe infection.
- Another benefit of microdermabrasion is that it is less expensive than surgery, and it requires hardly any recovery time. Many people don't have time to take off from work to have a cosmetic procedure done, so it is the perfect alternative for them.
- Those who are examining the benefits of microdermabrasion should be aware of the fact that depending on the severity of their skin condition several treatments may need to be administered. Microdermabrasion is typically performed every 1-2 weeks, and in most cases, patients can achieve their desired results in just 5-10 treatments.
- There are women who skip the dermatologist office and attempt to use at home kits; it is not recommended. Instead of trying to cut corners, it is best to allow professionals to perform microdermabrasion. Since you are dealing with your precious skin, it is best to not take any chances in doing something that could potentially damage your skin forever if performed incorrectly.
Other Aging Treatments and Beauty Secrets
Fashion Beauty Secrets
Return to the top of the Benefits of Microdermabrasion page
Return to Aging Gracefully