The Best Exercise For Osteoporosis
Best exercise for osteoporosis - Let me help you narrow down the best exercises. Many women suffer from osteoporosis, and while there is no known cure, there are ways to strengthen the bones.
Since osteoporosis is characterized by a loss of bone density, and the only way to combat it is to strengthen the bones. When the bones are too weak, those who suffer from osteoporosis not only experience pain, but they are more susceptible to bone breaks and fractures.
Although taking vitamins and supplements can help with this, incorporating certain exercises into your daily regimen is an effective way to strengthen your bones. If you're looking for the best exercise for osteoporosis, the good news is, there are several exercises that can help to slow down the effects of osteoporosis.
- Though it may seem that walking would not be the best exercise for osteoporosis, in reality, it is a great way to build stronger bones. The best exercise for osteoporosis is one that helps to build some type of muscle. And the more muscle you have, the stronger your bones are.
If walking doesn't interest you, keep in mind that jogging is ideal for building muscle as well. The more muscle you build, the better your posture will be, and when you practice good posture, you are constantly using and developing your back and abdominal muscles.
- Those at risk for osteoporosis are encouraged to do yoga because it is one of the most effective exercises. Not only does it burn fat and increase flexibility, it builds strength and gives you a better sense of well being.
You don't have to become a yoga expert and become a card carrying yogi, but the more your practice yoga, the stronger you will become. Even if you don't want to do an entire yoga workout, adding a few yoga moves such as the plank and the warrior pose to your daily exercise routine will be beneficial.
- When we think of working out with weights, do you fear you will end up looking like you're training for the Miss Fitness America competition? You don't have to bench press 250 pounds to build stronger muscles
By doing low weight bearing exercises, you will be able to slowly build muscle and strengthen your bones. It is best to start with one or two pound weights, and not go higher than five pound weights. If weights are not your thing, you can get the same results by using resistance bands to build muscle.
Keep in mind that you are not looking to bulk up; instead, you are just looking to create definition and be stronger from the inside out.
- Aerobics are a fun and effective way to build stronger bones. If traditional aerobics don't sound like fun, remember that there are many alternative forms of aerobics. Do you like to dance? Grab your friends and have a weekly dance party, or take a ballroom dancing class at a local ballroom. You can also enroll in an aerobics class that incorporates different forms of dance.
- Sports such as tennis and racquetball are great ways to build more muscle and improve your cardio endurance. The process of swinging the racket and hitting a ball will help develop your arm and abdominal muscles.
When you are running back and forth on the court, the stop and start process helps to develop leg strength. Racket sports are some of the best exercises for osteoporosis because they help build muscles in the entire body.
- Although it may not seem like much of an exercise, playing and having fun is an ideal way to strengthen your bones. Not many people realize that by enjoying everyday activities such as flying kites, fishing, gardening, hiking, climbing stairs, volleyball, basketball, etc., you are actually building muscles and lessening your risk for broken and fractured bones. The key is to get active and keep moving.
As you learn which exercise is the best exercise for osteoporosis, keep in mind that you are building stronger bones and as a result, you can lessen certain pains that are associated with osteoporosis. Be sure to check with your doctor and see which exercises are best for osteoporosis and which ones will benefit you the most.
More Beauty Secrets Topics