How to Apply Makeup to Transform your Face and Look Fabulous
What do you want your makeup to look like? Learning how to apply makeup is not difficult, if you would like a a natural look.
I am going to assume you took the
color analysis test
and you have discovered the colors that will be your best.
You are half way there. The rest is easy.
Just Follow My "How to Apply Makeup" Steps...
- Face Primer
- please do not skip this step. A face primer will help to create a
base that will improve your skin texture allowing makeup to glide over
your skin and create a flawless finish. Apply a thin coat over the
entire face and let dry before applying foundation.
- Dark circles will be history
- if you are covering dark circles apply one shade lighter than your
foundation. To conceal blemishes and puffiness use a matching shade.
you too can have a smooth application - foundation evens out your skin
tone. Apply several dots to cheeks, forehead and chin. Blend with a
sponge or foundation brush until even. More on how to apply foundation.
like a makeup artist and use a great big brush - the primary purpose of
translucent powder is to set your liquid makeup so it can last through
the day. It gives a finished appearance to your face. More on How To
- Eyes - get in-depth info on my Applying Eye Makeup page.
- The finishing touch - it is better to apply two thin coats of mascara than one heavy. Use a lash groomer to make sure they do not look clumpy.
- We all need to show off those cheekbones - the purpose of blush is to add natural color to your face. Be sure and tap your brush before applying cheek color.
Locate your cheekbone with your finger and apply blush to the apples
of the cheeks just below the bone and blend well. Using a contour brush dipped into a little powder blend the edges of the blush line.
- Perfection for the pout - keeping lips relaxed, outline your
natural lip line with a pencil starting at the outer corners and working
towards the center. Ideally your lip pencil should blend with your lipstick.
- Oh no, another lipstick that doesn't work - most women have a love-hate relationship with their lip colors.
It is total frustration finding the right color. Hence, you have at
least six lipsticks in your makeup bag that you don't like. Take the color analysis test here. It will lead you to better choices. More on my Beautiful Lips page
- Tools of the trade - when learning how to apply makeup do what professional makeup artists do. Invest in quality makeup brushes.
Use the appropriate brush for the application you desire. Keep your
brushes clean, dirty brushes cannot give quality results.
Return to the top of How to Apply Makeup